Director Kirill Serebrennikov
Director Kirill Serebrennikov Photo by Sergey Bobylev / TASS
Kirill Serebrennikov, the artistic Director of the Gogol center, spent a year and a half under house arrest and now shares tips on how to enjoy spending time at home on YouTube. Forbes Life gives a brief overview of the Director's recommendations
A video has appeared on the Gogol center's YouTube account, in which the theater's artistic Director, Kirill Serebrennikov, gives valuable advice on how to spend time at home, avoid falling into an existential crisis, and make the most of this experience.
Here's what he recommends:
- Remember that time at home is not a punishment, but a gift of fate, an opportunity to learn something from this experience.
- Try to sort your life out. Our everyday life is chaos, where we are torn apart by messengers, mail and social networks. We live in an imposed agenda. Self-isolation allows you to unravel this chaos and answer two important questions --- who am I and what is most important to me in life.
- To record everything that happens to you is to keep a diary. What you ate, what you did, what you thought. In the future, self-isolation diaries will become a tool for self-analysis.
- Read thick books that you once bought, but never took up reading, because you didn't find the time for it. For example, Littell's the favored, Wallace's Infinite jest, and Yanagihara's Little life. Or" War and peace " by Lev Nikolaevich from the school curriculum.
- Do yourself, namely sports, yoga, physical education. Apps and training videos on YouTube help.
- Find out what you really want to do in life and discover your creative potential. Draw, write poetry, or weave macrame.
- Start writing your memoirs and tell them all about your life honestly, starting from the first day you can remember.
- Learn and practice foreign languages. This is useful, important, serves as a prevention of Alzheimer's and improves memory.
- Abandon the terms "quarantine" and "self-isolation" and call your experience reset, reset, and rest. You can use this time to call long-time friends and family, remember your first love, teachers, and thank them.
- Do what you like-watch movies, listen to music, have sex, plant plants, or sew dresses. Let every day in the home schedule will be an important point --- to have fun.