Along with the premiere of the debut trailer forAssassin's Creed Valhalla , several Western sites publishedadditionaldetailsabout the game based on interviews with developers. As usual, we have collected the most interesting information in one list.
- Most of the story campaign will take place in England, but the game will start in Norway. Ubisoftalso promises "a few unexpected areas."
- Game England will cover four kingdoms: Wessex, Northumbria, East Anglia, and Mercia. You can visit three major cities: London, Winchester and Yorwick, now known as York.
- Each piece of equipment is unique. If desired, you can complete the entire game with the initial equipment. In battle, it is not so much the level of the character that decides, as its abilities.
- New abilities are pumped through a system similar in mechanics to the skill tree.
- The developers describe the battles with the words "brutal", "savory" and "heavy".
- The authors try to make the opponents as diverse as possible.
- Ships are needed for rapid movement and retreat during the siege of coastal fortresses --- they can not shoot. The dragon boat team are soldiers, which you can customize.
- In addition to raids, there will be assaults, where you will have to attack large fortifications.
- The story will feature Leila Hassan from Assassin's Creed: Origins and Assassin's Creed: Odyssey.
- The story is built around your settlement --- most important storylines start and end there. In addition, various events will take place in the village --- for example, weddings, which strengthen the connection between the clans.
- Over time, the settlement is transformed. So, it will be affected by your decisions. You can also build new buildings as you progress, including barracks, a blacksmith shop, and a tattoo shop.
- The antagonist Alfred the Great will be a complex, ambiguous character. The same applies to the Vikings themselves --- developers do not want to portray them as either heroes or villains.
- Mythology will become an important part of the game. "The gods were part of the daily life of the Vikings. It was believed that they roamed the earth, participating in battles --- this was part of the spiritual life of the Vikings. And that's how we treat it in the game, which is consistent with the beliefs and practices of the time>> ,- explains the lead producer ++Julien Laferrière++(Julien Laferrière).
- The Raven will become your companion with its own abilities. The player will rely less on the interface and explore the world more with their own eyes.
- Additional activities include hunting, drinking competitions, dice games, fishing, and ... rap battles! Well, almost: it's about flying --- an old poetic exchange of insults.
The action game will be shown on may 7 as part of the show Inside Xbox . There, Microsoft also presents the gameplay of other games from third-party studios for the Xbox Series X.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla will launch in late 2020 on PC, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and Stadia. Thanks to the smart delivery feature for both Microsoftconsoles, you only need to buy one copy of the game, which will launch the desired version depending on the Xbox generation.
PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Stadia, Xbox Series X, Xbox One